yan
It's like the new IN thing. A disease. Which I am currently suffering from.

... well not suffering really. But I'm getting addicted.

Musicals

I've watched a few when I was young. The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins anyone?

Then came High School Musical. 1, 2 and 3.

Glee? Oh I LOVE Glee. The song covers and the choreographs. I'll Stand by You? True Colours? Sue Sylvester? Kurt? He's my favourite character.
I can't wait for it to continue. Episode 13 was such a tease!

And now... Malaysia's own.

Hotel Mania


To be frank, I can't believe I'm actually watching it. And enjoying it too. Sure, the acting leaves a lot to be desired, but I was hooked the moment Marsha (yes I actually know her name, she stands out for me) sang the first song.

Hotel Mania is very much inspired by the new musical programme, Glee, which has won ‘Best Musical or Comedy Television Series’ in the recent Golden Globe Awards.
And yes it is, but it's more like HSM where people suddenly break into a song instead of on a stage.

And KRU songs. Oh boy. It's like I KNOW these songs back in my head. KRU. Classic.

In Hotel Mania, besides the drama itself, another significant strength that sets this series apart from other musicals in the country is the inclusion of KRU’s songs, to accompany the story.

I'm not really sure about Adi, the main character. I feel like the others have more personality than him. But this is just the first episode. Fingers crossed for character development.

Mar (Marsha) and Ryz are my favourites so far. Mar is Hotel Mania's SHARPAY. She's got the power! The way she talks, the way she walks and the way she stands. I like Sharpay. Therefore Mar is definitely one of my favourites.
Ryz? Well he doesn't talk much. He's the cool and silent type. Mmhmm.

Anyone remembers Adam and Bob from the older Akademi Fantasia? They are there too.

TV3, 9pm on Tuesdays.
I hope Hotel Mania won't let us down. This is one Malaysian production that I will be keeping track of. Malaysia Boleh?
Labels: edit post
0 Responses