yan
This is a show I remember watching a few years back. And today, I caught the rerun of one episode.

It is still so HILARIOUS. I went to google I found out that all the episodes are available online on 8tv's website!!

I have to say, this is one of the best local show that I have watched. In my opinion, it is better than Hong Kong's Beautiful Cooking show. And everyone speaks English so it's a plus. My Cantonese understanding is pretty low...


From wikipedia,
In each episode, two pairs, each consisting of a "cook" and a "cannot cook" (i.e. one possesses the skills while the other does not, at least for the featured meal), competing against each other in a cooking showdown. Only the "cannot cooks" will enter the kitchen and perform the cooking while the "cooks" yell instructions to their partners. To make matters harder, the "cooks" are kept fairly distant from the "cannot cooks" in a booth equipped with monitor to observe the his/her partner's performance – a camera is attached on each "cannot cook's" forehead.

Mmm, recipe for Kan-Cheong-ness.

Hosts are funny and the judges are funny. Contestants are stressed to the point of being funny. Watch the 'cook' YELL REALLY REALLY LOUDLY and the 'cannot cook' attempting to cook while being distracted by the hosts.

Now I'm marathon-ing all the episodes (sadly only 26) here.

You know, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to websites where I have to register to watch their content, but I did it immediately to feed my appetite for Kan Cheong Kitchen.

While the food one the show won't make you hungry, and might make you lose your appetite instead, the hilarious and exciting cooking segment makes it worthwhile!

Feeling down and not hungry (I have to emphasize the word not because sometimes the food comes out really bad...)? Watch it! I laugh a whole lot watching this show.

Best part? No loading time! The videos play immediately for me.

Let the Kan Cheong begin!

For the record, I am a 'cannot cook'.
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. culinary team building singapore