yan
By chance, today when I went to Wangsa Walk, I was stopped by 2 girls. One in a masquerade mask extending her hand and talked to me in Mandarin. I smiled at her and said I couldn't understand her. Then, she said to me:

"Hi, I'm HIV positive. Will you shake my hand?"

And without a doubt, I shook her hand.

One should know that HIV does not transmit through handshake, at least.

After that, they began to ask us questions about AIDS. I'd admit I don't know much, and she gladly enlightened me. I also got a coupon and a red ribbon. (^_^)

The coupon. For lucky draw and free gifts.

oh, FYI, World AIDS Day falls on 1st of December yearly. Yeah, that's news to me too.



The awareness campaign.

The red ribbon represents concern for people with HIV and AIDS, and the need for other people to be aware and to care.

So people, the next time someone with HIV approaches you, don't be afraid to shake their hands!

My monitor approves!

My table lamp approves!

Allen Walker approves!

Kyoya approves! (He was even glad to pose for it)

Lady was being suspicious at first...

But she approves of it too!

On another unrelated note, High School Musical marathon today on Disney Channel. All 3 of 'em. Haha.

This morning I watched Mulan rerun on Disney too. Brings back memories. And now that I can FULLY understand their dialogues, I appreciate it more. (^_^) Not to mention the totally-outrageously-funny-and-awesome BM subtitles! Look at the song below and imagine it in BM please. ROFL

Princess and the Frog, I have high hopes for ya.

Till next time!

Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center you are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
Somehow I'll make a man out of you

(we are men)
We must be swift as the coursing river
(we are men)
With all the force of a great typhoon
(we are men)
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
- Misterius seperti sisi gelap sang bulan

~ I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan OST
Lyrics Credits
As much as I find the chorus hilarious, it's stuck in my head. And yes, the BM translation was along the lines of that.

Labels: edit post
0 Responses